May 16, 2018, 2:40 AM ET

Shoeless 13-year-old fled alleged kidnappers: Police


A 13-year-old found shoeless and with torn clothing fled potential kidnappers who were motivated by racial animus, the boy's mother said.

Zavion Parker was abducted from a bus stop and later found without his jacket, phone or keys, police told ABC Houston station KTRK.

Michelle Lee, Zavion's mother, called police after he didn't return home from school. The boy was found shortly after officers began investigating his whereabouts.

The sixth-grader told police after he got off the bus, a group of teenagers approached him and forced him into a four-door vehicle that had flames on the side, KTRK reported. An adult male was driving the vehicle and took Parker to a vacant house or building, where the boy allegedly was assaulted.

Lee said she received threatening messages from her son's phone and that her son said one suspect had a tattoo on his forearm that said, "I hate black people."

Houston police are describing the adult suspect as a white man with a heavy build, straight orange hair and at least one tattoo.

Zavion told KTRK that when those who abducted him went into another room to load a gun, he struggled free and ran as fast as he could.

Louise Simpson contributed to this report.

News - Shoeless 13-year-old fled alleged kidnappers: Police

RRelated Posts


  • Trap God

    This was a complete fabrication. might want to update your post

  • Harvey 1960

    This fantastic and unbelievable story is merely clickbait.
    And I am fool enough to click.

  • lambimt

    This story sounds fishy to me.

  • Blaize Rage

    Maybe if the story had more information, it would not sound as fishy. Was beginning to wonder if the article was ever going to say what town the abduction occurred in.
    ? Was the child on a school bus or city transit bus - Did anyone else get off the bus at the same location

  • BassPlyr73 Again

    I'm not saying I don't believe this, but it's a very strange story.

  • Jakejr Ly

    Sounds like a Trump supporter. Was he wearing a MAGA hat?

  • rightened

    Funny how just last year, people were trying to argue, "Oh, America doesn't deal with racism any more."

  • Youcan'thandlethetruth

    Trump has emboldened so many of the deplorables.

  • Lawrence Wilson

    Sounds phony, sorry if I'm wrong, I just don't believe it.

  • SlowNewsDay

    There was no Trump rally going on during that time so PLENTY of MAGAts had free time to do this. Seriously though, to be quite honest - and if I'm wrong I will apologize profusely - the events in this story seem a bit hard to believe. I guess after hearing the incident about the Reverend Jarrod Moultrie (google it) I'm skeptical. The kid's story sounds too embellished to me.

  • friar19

    Part of me wished this kid's name was Joe

  • bflogayle

    Straight orange hair? Is he describing a dyed orange hair or a redhead?

  • Guest

    You commenters are considering the 4% chance this child is lying over the 96% chance he is telling the truth. (FBI statistics.) That takes a disturbed mind.

  • integrity872

    That weave....

  • Guest

    As a childhood abduction survivor, I call these doubters sick, hate-filled jerk offs. This child deserves the benefit of presumption of innocence until evidence of parental training to the contrary surfaces. According to FBI statistics, only 4% of childhood abduction claims are fake and always at the pressure of divorcing parents. There is a 96% chance he is telling the truth, you sickening d-bags. Believe this child if you have a soul, you vomit-spouting insects. You would not doubt him if he were white.

    I hope with all my heart this child mentally survives this sick tragedy,

  • DFL1960

    Another Tawana Brawley hoax.

  • Indy

    This doesn't sound right for some reason, does anyone else get that feeling as well?

  • Tegbessou Géléhéso

    A tattoo that says "I hate Black People," four door vehicle with flams on side... guy should not be hard to find.